Reseller hosting can be a profitable way for freelancers to easily package and sell web services without the hassle or technical knowledge of maintaining web hosting servers. However, finding the right hosting plan with the right features is critical to your success.
In this blog, we’ll discuss some of the key features and tools to look for in your reseller hosting plan.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting allows you to start your own web hosting firm or supplement your web development or design services under your own brand. In other words, a web hosting provider like InMotion Hosting will provide and maintain your web hosting services. In the meantime, you can focus on marketing and selling under your brand name.
Whether you’re a freelancer in web design, web development, or business consulting, reseller hosting is a great way to grow your freelance business. InMotion Hosting offers reseller hosting plans with tools that make it easy to host multiple client websites while providing new revenue streams.
Reseller hosting for freelancers
Identifying features that are directly related to your business goals is critical to profiting from reseller hosting. This next section discusses five key features to look for in your reseller hosting plan.
- Domain resale Offering a new source of income in addition to your freelance services. For example, InMotion Hosting has partnered with eNom to empower freelancers with the ability to resell popular top-level domains (TLDs) and SSL certificates.
- cPanel and WHM It is essential to help you manage your databases, subdomains and users. cPanel is the industry standard, which is why InMotion Hosting includes it in all hosting plans, including reseller hosting.
- 24/7/365 technical support. A technical support team you can rely on will keep your eyes on the prize: business growth.
Technical support at InMotion Hosting goes through over 280 hours of training to provide the best possible support. Moreover, InMotion Hosting’s support team is based in the US and is available 24/7/365.
- SSD servers. Solid State Drives (SSDs), such as those installed in InMotion Hosting’s infrastructure, can exponentially increase website speed and reliability for your clients. Give your clients the site speed they expect and don’t settle for HDD.
- One-click installation is an invaluable tool that helps you quickly install all the applications you need to run your business with one click. InMotion Hosting’s reseller program includes Softaculous auto-installer. Softaculous is a free auto installer with over 400 apps.
While InMotion Hosting meets the basic needs of freelancers looking to build and grow their businesses, we’re always looking for ways to improve.
As of August 2022, InMotion Hosting offers additional tools to match it it’s easier Start profiting from reseller hosting.
What’s new for freelancers
- Improving server performance. InMotion Hosting is increasing its SSD storage on all reseller hosting plans. With the extra memory, freelancers can expect higher website speed and performance for their clients.
- Security suite. InMotion Hosting’s security suite includes free SSL and malware protection and provides automatic backups.
- Launch help. R-3000s and VPS Reseller hosting plans now include startup support. Launch Assist is an additional service where InMotion Hosting experts help launch your reseller program.
- Marketing tools. InMotion Hosting’s marketing tools provide customer management tools to help you manage your customers with ease. The toolkit includes free ad credits, a website builder and email on any device.
If you’re a freelancer serious about establishing their brand and generating new sources of income, explore Reseller Hosting plans with InMotion Hosting and use this blog to help you identify the best plan for your business.
Finally, be sure to bookmark our Reseller Hosting Guide to help you get the most out of your Reseller Hosting plan.